The Office of Environmental Stewardship is a resource to facilitate the exchange of office furniture and equipment between the University and local community organizations. This is consistent with the University's goal to conserve resources and minimize waste by helping other departments and community organizations that are in need of equipment and furniture. This program is not intended to provide used equipment and/or furniture for personal or home use.
How to Participate
University departments wishing to donate good, used equipment and furniture or other departments and community organizations in search of equipment or furniture should contact us at email@example.com.
Donated items are first made available to University recipients and following a short period of time made available to local community organizations.
We do not have warehouse space and cannot offer storage space for items. Transfers must be arranged between donor and recipient.
Re-Use Best Practices
The program's success relies on a few simple guidelines that we ask both donors and recipients to follow:
- Only include office furniture, equipment, and supplies
- Describe the quality of your item as accurately as possible
- Send a picture of the item when possible
- Clean the donated item before the recipient picks it up. If it is a computer, please erase all documents on the hard drive.
- Remove your item from our donation pool as soon as you find a recipient
- Wrongly try to include personal or home furniture or equipment
- Falsify product or contact information
- Give the same item to a different recipient after making an agreement with someone else
- Take items for your home or personal use